Flamenco

After studying Spanish from 7th grade on, I finally went to Spain in college and got to eat "Churros y Chocolate." (That was the title of my 7th grade Spanish text book.  I had been craving it every since then!)  Spanish hot chocolate is different from ours.  It is a common stereotype that everything American is watered down.  This is true with our hot chocolate.  The stuff you can get at cafés in Spain is so thick, you can nearly stand a spoon straight up in it.

When I took a class on Gypsies, we spent a lot of time listening to Flamenco music and watching old movies.  I've never heard a more emotional music in my life.  In Flamenco, it doesn't really matter how well you sing.  It is not good unless it sounds like it is coming from the tragic depths of your soul.  

I love it.

(pst!- Wouldn't it be nice if we got to taste some REAL Churros y Chocolate in class? Hmmmm... any volunteers?)
 


1 comment:

Sera Alibrio said...

Hola, Senora Malisa! I was wondering if you could help me with getting into Spanish AP2? I really want to push myself to get all a's and get in a better class in high school, like Spanish AP2. Lots of teachers think I have what it takes to be in AP and I want to get to get both classes of spanish in high school done so that in my second year, I can do other things, yet still study spanish. please let me know! Email me back at dawgrulz@yahoo.com! Thank you! Gracias!