THE LETTERS ARRIVED FROM MEXICO!

And they are wonderful.  I almost got tears in my eyes reading the letters that these students from Pátzcuaro wrote.  They are proud of their country, very enthusiastic about their cultures, with interests ranging from "foot-ball" to TV to skating and graffiti.  They are obviously thrilled to have our students as pen pals, and asked terrific questions about what we know about them and why we want to learn Spanish.  They were hugely encouraging of our Spanish abilities, and said they hoped their English was as good too.  So many of the students seem to have received letters from an appropriate match.  The unfortunate thing is that not all students got a letter back!  
So, in spite of my excitement, I am very disappointed about that.
I have written to my friend in Mexico to see if more are on the way.

Otherwise, students will possibly be receiving a letter tomorrow!


No comments: